Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Male Mind: A $4 Inside Scoop



Six months ago, I decided to put myself back on the market. I felt I had healed enough after ending my long-term relationship and was ready to start dating again. But where do I begin? I haven't gone on a first date in four years! My "game" was so rusty, I wanted to give myself a tetanus shot. Then all of the sudden, the clouds parted and a ray of beautiful sunlight descended from the heavens and showed me the answer. In reality, the window washers came to clean the windows of my loft on the sixth floor and I wanted to sit in the living room and pretend to read a magazine in hopes of checking out some hot men in uniforms dangling outside my window from harnesses. I happened to pick up my ex-boyfriend's issue of Men's Health and realized that the magazine wasn't kidding when it put on the cover, "tons of useful stuff."

I am completely infatuated with Men's Health. It has everything a girl like me could ask for- insider tips into the male mind, fitness tips, recipes, tons of other practical information AND pictures of sexy men on every page. 

Top 5 useful things I learned from reading Men's Health: 
1. What men are worried about (It's pretty much the same as us ladies! Hair, wrinkles, weight, how to attract the opposite sex, etc.)
2. What men look for in a relationship, turn offs/turn ons & what they think they know about women
3. How men tend to deal with stuff that arise in relationships and work
4. What techniques men are trying to hone in order to pick us up
5. What techniques men are trying to hone in order to thrill us in the bedroom 

Of course every man is unique and has a different takes on #1-5, but getting a little insider information put me a little more at ease as I stepped back into the dating world. Knowing that men stress about the same things I  do makes going on dates a tad less intimidating. Ladies, it's a wealth of information for only 4 bucks and trust me, it's worth it.


Side notes:
1. When I told my ex-boyfriend I was reading his Men's Health subscriptions for dating research, he replied, "That's OK, I took some of your old Cosmos when I moved the rest of my stuff out of the same reason!"

2. Information in Men's Health is so straight forward and without all the frills. One of my most favorite section is "How to Do Everything Better," in which you get mini lessons on things like how to to pour the perfect glass of champagne or how to prevent your windows from fogging. These tips are so much more practical than how to get straight, sexy hair (what woman doesn't know how to use a flat iron?). Besides, I already wake up in the morning with straight, sexy hair : )

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha Mom rode in my car last weekend and said "National Geographic and Men's Health? Why are these in your car?" I told her they were your road trip gifts haha.

    ReplyDelete