Search This Blog

Monday, October 11, 2010

The Second Most Dangerous Place in the World!


If Iraq was the most dangerous place in the world, then the second most dangerous place would, hands down, have to be the parking lot of a dim sum restaurant on a busy Sunday morning.

All kidding aside, how did Asians get pegged for being bad drivers? If something is a stereotype, then there must be something to back it up, right? I can't seem to find any statistics that prove Asians are bad drivers. However, I can see why Asian immigrants would have trouble driving in America. Have you seen the traffic in Tokyo, Mumbai or in my insanely congested original hometown of Ho Chi Minh City? Overpopulation and different (or lack there of) traffic laws will definitely have an impact on someone's driving.

As for me, I have had two speeding tickets to my name and a couple non-noteworthy fender benders. Pretty good for being a woman AND Asian huh?

Do you have any anecdotal encounters with a "bad Asian driver?" What is your opinion of this stereotype?

No comments:

Post a Comment