Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My New Crush!! And What I Learned From Him

Smitten? Why, yes!!

As a girl who follows the UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship), I get the pleasure of watching a plethora of attractive, sweaty, chiseled men in little clothing fighting, wrestling, flexing...ahem! Believe it or not, I did not start watching UFC to gawk at sexy athletes. I started following the sport after seeing a documentary on the training these athletes must endure in order to be best MMA (mixed martial arts) fighter.

Despite years of watching UFC, this is the first time I have developed a major crush on a fighter...and NOT for his prowess in the octagon.

If I we were in grade school and today was Valentine's Day, Georges St. Pierre would get a big fancy, glittery cut-out heart from me. I have to admit, I admire the man! I do not find him attractive because he is currently the undisputed UFC Welterweight Champion or because he is the top pound for pound fighter in his weight class (or because of the rock hard body and handsome face). I am crushing on him because he is gentleman.
UFC 100: GSP defends his belt again Thiago Alves, Las Vegas
I was totally there!!!

GSP, as he is known to fans, is a coach this season of the reality show the Ultimate Fighter. The premise of the show is based on two teams of amateur fighters led by two prominent UFC fighters. The contestants fight it out in the octagon and the last man standing wins a six figure contract with the UFC. As a coach, GSP is patient with his fighters and devotes his time to ensuring that these guys get the most out of their experience on the show. He wants the show to be about the contestants, rather than himself. He is humble when his team wins and is graceful when his team loses. Unlike the opposing coach on the show, GSP does not trash talk, pull pranks or lose his temper when things don't go his way. Even when provoked, my crush stays calm and collected. Instead of resorting to juvenile backlash, he channels his frustration into the training and takes it out in the ring, where it actually counts. Classy! I find all these traits really hot.

After being single for most of 2010, I have had the opportunity to reevaluate what I am attracted to in a man. I have reconfirmed, through my newly developed crush, that I definitely have a higher regard for a man's good values than for his money or looks. It's good looks that initially attract me, but it's wholesome values that keeps me attracted.

What are the top non-physical characteristics about someone that draws you to him or her?


By the way, if you are rich, hot and nice...don't hesitate to contact me :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment