Search This Blog

Thursday, October 21, 2010

My Short Term Bucket List


I believe that you are more likely to accomplish goals when you write them down. Your goals can be as realistic or as fantastic as you want them to be, but writing them down is always the first step to making them come true. After I turned 25, I updated my "bucket list" because there were things I have already accomplished and I have found new interests worthy of pursuit!

Here are things from the list I made as a 19 year old that I have been able to cross off:  
1. See Rome and eat a slice of pizza by the Pantheon (and eat gelato by the Trevi Fountain too)
2. See an opera at the Sydney Opera House
3. Snorkel in the Great Barrier Reefs
4. Backpack through New Zealand and take a boat down Milford Sound
5. Swim with the dolphins 

Here are some things on my list I hope to get crossed off by time I turn 30:
1. Cruise down the Nile River and ride a camel across the desert
2. Run a marathon
3. Get kissed passionately under the Eiffel Tower (or on a gondola in Venice)
4. Sleep in an Irish Castle
5. Travel to all 7 continents (yes, Antarctica too)

I never thought I would do anything of the things on my list when I wrote them down as dreamy-eyed teenage girl...it was more just fantasizing. I didn't have that much money as a student, but I found ways to fund all those bucket list items without having to take out loans/borrow money. It just takes dedication, planning and imagination!

What things are on your to do lists? What are your wildest dreams? What's stopping you?

By the way, if you know of any amazing eligible bachelors out there that can help me cross off #3, don't hesitate to let me know!! 

1 comment:

  1. The Irish Castle one sounds particularly awesome. I've been to an awesome castle in France but never stayed overnight in one. I'm adding it to my list.

    ReplyDelete