Search This Blog

Monday, December 27, 2010

Adventures in 2011

I'll spin your head right round, right round when
I write my bucket list down, down
As I was waiting for my vehicle to be serviced, I killed some time at a local bar with a Ketle One dirty martini. It was either the martini at 11:30AM on a Wednesday or the fact that it was close to the end of the year that inspired me to write my 2011 Bucket List (and no, I don't plan on dying in 2011).

My Top Ten (in no particular order) & Why:
1. Run a half marathon under 2 hours 
I want to run a full marathon before I turn 30, this will be a good start. I like challenges that engage both the body and the mind and I want to see if I can do better than my first attempt at a half marathon 5 years ago. 

2. Get visible abs
I want to have a photo of myself looking ridiculously jaw dropping in a skimpy bathing suit. So when I am wrinkly and saggy, I can say to myself, "You lived your life to the fullest and pushed your body to be the best it can be." Here's to living without regrets. 

3. Send a gorgeous man a drink from across the bar
This is purely an exercise of building confidence (I do plan on lookin' smokin' to for this). I have never sent a man a drink or used a pick up line before because (a) I have never had to- I'm usually on the receiving end of such & (b) If I wanted to, I never had the guts to do it. I have no intentions of picking up anyone, I just want to do it, just to do it. My worst nightmare would be if I sent the drink and the man's wife/girlfriend/boo returns from the bathroom and gets really jealous. To that imaginary woman, you should feel honored that you are with a man hot enough to be worthy of me sending him a drink, so chill out!! 

4. Sky dive
I am afraid of heights. I just want to do one tandem dive to get it out of my system. Besides, I hear the adrenaline rush is quite the experience. The only way #4 would not happen is if my loving parents get overwhelmingly worried and I respect their concerns. No need of putting mom through all that stress (I might just do it without telling them first). 

5. Travel to a new continent
There are 3 continents I haven't been to: Africa, South America & Antarctica. It's my life dream to travel to all 7. It will most likely be Africa - I hear the pyramids in Egypt calling my name. 

6. Do a pull up
After I admitted I couldn't do one, a friend asked me, "What happens if you fall off a balcony?" To which I replied, "Well, I guess I would die!" So, I'm going to master the pull up so I can prevent myself from hypothetically going, "SPLAT!"

7. Learn how to pole dance
This is kind of #2 & 3. Building confidence and working on getting visible abs simultaneously. I don't plan on showcasing any moves, I just want a fun workout that makes me feel like I can conquer the world in 5 inch heels. 

8. Finance the construction of a water well in a third world country via Charity:Water
I don't make a ton of money, but I make enough to live very comfortably. I also make enough to splurge and waste money very comfortably as well. I feel I have been selfish with what I have and want to give back. Charity:Water is a great organization - check it out and contact me if you want to help. 

9. Increase my business growth 
In order to be a well rounded individual, I believe one must have personal as well as professional goals. I just started being a manager about 10 months ago at the age of 24. There is still so much to learn and so much I can improve on. I want to do far better than I have done this year and develop myself professionally. 

10. Engage in volunteer work
I wondered where all my time went and this past fall, I started a calendar to track what I actually did when I'm not working, working out or doing those necessary daily things (sleeping, eating, paying bills). Most of my time was devoted to a highly active social life - going out with friends, going on dates and traveling. I want to have my cake and eat it too. I want to still flutter my social butterfly wings, but I want to prioritize things and fit some monthly volunteer work in as well. Quality over quantity, I suppose. 

I will post updates when each item gets crossed off - hopefully with great photos too!!

Side notes:
Here's a terrible pickup line inspired by the bucket list, "If you think sending you a drink is sexy, wait 'til you see what I can do with a pole." I think I would start laughing hysterically before I can even finish saying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment