Search This Blog

Friday, December 17, 2010

Re-Break My Heart, Say You Don't Love Me Again

Unlike Toni Braxton, this girl isn't afraid of being left out in the rain.
During a light discussion about dating over dinner with a friend last night, something profound dawned on me. As we talked about our fears of having our precious hearts shattered, I suddenly realized that I have arrived at that stage of life where I am comfortable and confident with myself enough that I am not afraid of having my heart broken. Of course I don't want to have my feelings hurt, but I know that I am strong and resilient enough to withstand the potential aftermath. I have come to the realization that I am ready to fall head over stilettos without a helmet or knee pads!

If love is a game, I want it to be rugby. I am ready to play hard, be thrilled and be fearless. Experiencing love and experiencing the lost of it is like a rite of passage. Why shy away from it? Why not embrace it full force? Sure, it could end up horribly, but isn't the chance of finding that grand love worth the risk? The grand love you may find could even be more love for yourself. I want to convince my dear friend that heart break is, after all, just another part of growing up and self-discovery. Don't be afraid of that pain, don't be afraid of being left in the rain. If you ever find yourself stuck in what seems to be a torrential downpour, remember to not just stand there...remember that around the corner, there could be a big awning or even a gorgeous stranger willing to share his or her umbrella with you. 


Smile-worthy Notes:
I got hit up with a holiday theme pickup line today, "Make my wish come true, all I want for Christmas is you!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment