Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

New Year's Resolutions & Wishes

With my favorite Top Chef, Richard Blais in Tampa Bay.
 I'm going to trade in the fine dining and valet parking scene for
more of the kitchen and grocery store parking lot scene in 2011.
For those who know me well, stop laughing and support me!!
Resolutions (things I can control)
1.       Eat out less & learn to cook. I will post my creations on the blog. And no, it won't be anything lame like spaghetti or mac 'n cheese. 
2.       Read and write more
3.       Apologize less. We say sorry for things we don't mean all the time. I think overusing that word devalues its meaning. I'm going to say, "Excuse me," next time I accidentally bump into someone. I am sure not remorseful for the bump, so why say, "I'm sorry?" 
4.       Procrastinate less.
5.       Spend more time with family.
6.       Be ready for swimsuit season when it arrives. I have inadvertently entered into a contest with a new acquaintance for who can get visible abs the quickest this year. I plan on coming out on top. 
7.       Be more assertive. 
8.       Be less inhibited. 
9.       Be more calm, cool and collected.
10.   Be more organized (in thought and in action).

Wishes (things I can’t control)
1.       Experience what Carrie Bradshaw from Sex and City refers to as “Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can’t-live-without-each-other-love.”
2.       Get kissed in the rain.
3.       Find a four leaf clover.
4.       Be moved to tears in public. For those that know me, I'm a fairly stoic person on the surface. There is definitely a reservoir of emotions underneath it all, but I find it difficult to freely express. 
5.       Meet people who are as straightforward as I am. I'm all about efficiency. Let's just tell each other what we really want and save that valuable time we would have wasted beating around the bush. 
6.       Experience a random act of kindness. 
7.       Find a beautiful vintage book.
8.       Get complimented on having good form (weight lifting or running).
9.       Have someone make me blush intensely.
10. Come out winning in a fight if I were to be in one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment